I am so happy to be helping Sofiona celebrate their first anniversary in the pdf pattern world.
Sherri and Trish have put so much care into their business that they have a stunning line up of patterns already released in the wild, and each one is so unique. Something that’s new, and needed!
I hope you’ll help them celebrate by purchasing a few patterns. They’re on sale, and already great prices, so you can’t lose! Their site wide sale will run Nov 8-17. All new fall releases will be 25% off and everything else will be 35% off. Additionally, there will be giveaways each day through the second week of the celebration, Nov 11-15!
Now, on to what I sewed. This is one of the patterns I didn’t test, but purchased when it released, because I loved it so much. The Moss was designed as a swim suit cover-up. But it certainly is not limited to that! I love the angles, on the front, and the back, and how easy it is to throw on and wear.
There are several options you don’t see, since I only made one version, but you have the options of top or maxi lengths also. You can skip the hood, and use the pretty ties across the back instead.
I used fabric from one of the sponsors, Fabric Snob. This was my first time purchasing from them, and I am thoroughly impressed! These are the LUXE jersey solids, and they are so perfectly soft and easy to work with. I highly recommend these, if you’re looking for something to try from them! Fabric Snob is giving 10% off orders from her entire shop Nov 4-10. The code is SOFIONA I think you should jump on that!
Be sure to check out all the fun in the Sofiona facebook group, and everything the other bloggers and instagrammers (is that a word?) are posting! There are some amazing makes, and I think you might be inspired to sew up some of your own!
Each day this week, two bloggers will pair up to showcase one Sofiona pattern. Follow along to see your favorite Sofiona patterns sewn “as is” by one blogger and a clever “hack” by the other.
- Monday 4 November: (Starry Night): That’s Sew Venice, By Dagbjort
- Tuesday 5 November (Moss): Sew Cucio, It’s Liesel
- Wednesday 6 November (Raven): bigflynotions, Made by Kates
- Thursday 7 November (Railway): Stitched by Jennie, PACountryCrafts
- Friday 8 November (Fireweed): Wonderfully Handmade, Sewcial Science
Some of our favorite Instagrammers will also be sharing their Sofiona makes this week and they’ll be doing the same pairing up to showcase one pattern. Follow them for more inspiration:
- Monday 4 November (Arctic Fox): Tine, Sara
- Tuesday 5 November (Lynx): Meghan, Amanda
- Wednesday 6 November (Rhubarb): Ummul, Noortje
- Thursday 7 November (Aurora): Kimberley, Jenny
- Friday 8 November (Juniper): Anna, Emily
Join us in the Sofiona Designs Fan Group on Facebook for more fun and to share your favorite Sofiona makes!
Finally, a huge thank you to ALL the sponsors for joining in our Anniversary Celebration! Please participate in the Rafflecopter below for an opportunity to one of the two prize packages listed below valued at over $150 each and join us in the fan group for daily giveaways next week.
Prize Pack #1
- Minerva Crafts £100 mystery pack (you choose the colour)
- Sew Weighted Bakery ($15 CAD)
- Queen Clocks (Sewing Themed Vinyl Clock)
- Dutch Labels ($100 USD)
- Sofiona Designs ($50 CAD)
- S Renee Designs (Digital Sewing Planner)
Prize Pack #2