This is the gorgeous new dress pattern, Juliet, from Bella Sunshine Designs. I am always in awe of her testing process, as she sees all the little tiny tweaks she wants to make to the fit, when I would have called it “good enough” The results are this dress, which I made to fit my daughters sizes, which are different in chest, waist, and height, and the dress fits perfectly, without gaping anywhere, and without needing the optional sash to cinch in the waist. I am so thankful for Melissa’s patterns, as she’s thorough, meticulous, and I always learn something.
Now, you can also pick up this pattern for $5.50, which in my opinion is an excellent price! If you join the Bella Sunshine Designs facebook group, you can get a coupon code to make this price even lower. What!!?! That is good today only.
The ruffles are enclosed in the bodice, the bodice is fully lined, and the skirt is attached with no seams exposed. There is a placket in the back skirt, and the back bodice is closed with buttons. There is an optional sash, which I did not make on this version, but I did on earlier versions in testing, hopefully I will finish that one up soon and share it too. The bottom of the skirt has a wide band that gives it a nice weight.
The fabrics I used for this were a mix mash I’ve had for a while. The cat print was a fat quarter my daughter picked out from Wal-Mart, the pin dots were also a clearance fabric I picked up from Wal-Mart a while ago. I’ve loved that fabric, and used it on several projects. I’m about out after this project though 🙂 The skirt is a 90/10 poly/cotton blend broadcloth I picked up for $1/yard at Hancock a couple years ago. I grabbed a bunch of it, and have used it for several projects too. I think I came close to finishing that one off, too, with this project! So it feels good to finish up fabrics, and I’m so happy with the result.
The pattern comes in sizes 6mo-12, the pdf includes layers, and trim pages.
(Links contained in this post are affiliate links)